[Zope] Session added by product data lost when session is altered by a dtml method.

Sean K getmejazzed@yahoo.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:44:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I have a python product that stores some data in the
session object and displays it in it's dtml
presentation methods - all good!

When I add session data from a dtml-method in the zodb
my session data added by the product is lost.

My question is Why.

The product class inherits SimpleItem.SimpleItem (I
can change that if needs be) and I haven't implimented
any security declerations yet so the product's methods
are not protected.

The funny thing is that I can access and change the
session variables from another product I have made
without killing what is already there but after doing
that, I can't alter it with the original product.

The second product does have permissions set however
the only permission you need is View for the method
that alters the session data.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Sean Kemplay