[Zope] Permissions Problem When Adding ZObject

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:10:55 +0100

Rob Thorne wrote at 2003-1-29 16:01 -0800:
 > I'm trying to figure out a permissions problem.  This post from 23
 > December describes almost exactly my problem.  Since I didn't see a
 > solution on the list, here it is:
You did not look right:

  I answered this question...

 >     --- In zope@yahoogroups.com, Catonano <a.peluso@f...> wrote:
 >      > Hello all,
 >      >
 >      > I'm tring to execute this script:
 >      >
 >      > lista = []
 >      > folder = container.indice2() #indice2 is a ZCatalog
 >      > for file in folder:
 >      >  if not file.hasProperty('codice'):
Catalog searches return a sequences of proxy objects (called "brain"s).
These are not the objects themselves, just their proxies.
The do not have a method "hasProperty".

You use the proxy method "getObject" to get the true object.

Dieter