[Zope] Using RegEx in Script(Python)

Andreas Pakulat ap125@informatik.uni-rostock.de
Tue, 01 Jul 2003 01:54:49 +0200

On 30.Jun 2003 - 19:21:07, Joel Burton wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 01:09:27AM +0200, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wanted to know if the above can be done? What I need is a function
> > that replaces every character of a string, that is not in [a-zA-Z1-9]
> > with an underscore. I want to use this to automatically create an
> > Object-Id from a title, to create a new Object.
> >
> > If this is not possible directly within a Script(Python), can it be done
> > using an ExternalMethod? I suppose yes.
> >
> > Andreas
>
> If you're looking to have a "clean-zope-id" method, we use the
> following. A simple regex solution can sometimes forget to fix things
> like leading underscores, or getting rid of double underscores or such.
> I actually do this w/o regexes using translate(), but regexs might be
> faster. Feel free to benchmark and say so. ;)

Thanks for that snippet. Looks really good, I'll give it a try, but I
don't think that I can benchmark it in the near future, as the site
won't go online so fast. Also the Strings I get are somewhat
well-formated, normally having only " " or "/" in it.

Andreas

--
Things will be bright in P.M.  A cop will shine a light in your face.