[Zope] question about rewriting and vhm

Gerard Braad g_braad@survion.com
01 Jul 2003 02:31:09 +0200

Hello Zopers,

i have a problem with a rewriting i use... at first i had authorization
errors, so i ended up using VHM...

i'm using zope behind apache, so my webserver takes care of the
virtualhosting. i use apache also for static hosting of files, like
images and logos... so i placed my zope in a rewritten directory called
z... so if i open //somehost.com/z/ it opens my zope sites and with
//somehost.com/ i can access imagery served by apache

the problem is that all my a hrefs containing ./ are not automatically
rewritten to ./z/ or /z/. is it possible to make this work? have tried
rewriting it, but did not succeed...

this is my apache rewriterule....
    RewriteRule         ^/z(.*)
/home/internet/cgi-bin/zope.cgi/VirtualHostBase/http/%{HTTP_HOST}:80/sites/somehost.com/gbraad/VirtualHostRoot$1 \                   [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

greets,

Gerard