[Zope] Import Zope Problem in Zope's Python (solved !)

Elena Schulz elena.schulz@gmx.net
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:29:12 +0200

Hi,

I was trying to import Zope interactively in the PythonWin IDE to play and
study Zope a bit more.
It caused quite some problems but I got it now. :-)

1. Go to Tools -> Edit Python Path. Right-click on the "PythonPath" node, ->
"Add Key" -> type "Zope" into the dialog.
Right click on the new "Zope" node, -> "Add Value". Insert the path to
{yourZopeHomeInstallDir}/lib/python.
(Adding this to the PythonPath directly didn't work for me!?)

2. On the FileSystem in {yourZopeHomeInstallDir}/lib/python add an empty
__init__.py (to include all modules in the subdirs)

3. Restart PythonWin and your done.

For a test: Type "import Zope" in PythonWin IDE or import DateTime. It
should work now.
Hope this will improve your and my understanding about the Zope-mysteries a
bit more ...

-- Elena

PS.: If I just could use Activestate Python 2.2 with my Zope 2.6.1 I would
be even more happy.
Up to now I get the message that the python21.dll doesn't fit to the Python
if I start Zope on python2.2.
grepping for "python21.dll" shows that a lot of *.pyc files in ../lib/python
contain it and seem to call it.