[Zope] Retrieving zope management password.

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
01 Jul 2003 08:28:52 -0700

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 17:34, Sukhwinder Singh wrote:
> Now I have updated data.fs file and old username and password for ZMI don't
> work. Username password provided by client also don't work. ... I have used zpasswd.py
>   to create new user, following the procedure written
> in admin guide and zope book, but that new user is not allowed to login.

In a previous post you indicated you were connecting to ZODB
standalone.  Is the inituser login failing in standalone mode, or have
you gone back to working through the ZMI?   If it's the latter, make
sure you have followed *these* instructions:
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Security.stx#4-8

If that doesn't help, you may have hosed something.  You'll probably
want to restore the backup you made before you started manipulating this
highly important data.  You *did* make a backup first... right?

On a somewhat related note, it sounds like you may be stuck with a
problem you don't have the resources (time, documentation, experience)
to solve.  I'd suggest putting some money toward getting help from
someone with more hands-on Zope experience.

As much as many of us would love to help out a fellow developer in his
time of need, the level of help you seem to need probably isn't going to
be delivered over a mailing list.

FWIW,

Dylan