[Zope] Truncate and pack

Ken ken@practical.org
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:01:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends..

I've been remiss in packing and have hit the 2 gig (Python) limit. Some ugly creation of mine caused the unexpected bloat but I should've been more attentive...

I substituted a 2-week old backup, but I'd like to recover as much as possible of those two weeks' work. If I understand correctly, fsrecover.py is not for this case, since only the very last transaction would/might be corrupt. It seems I need to truncate and pack per this howto:

http://www.zope.org/Members/andym/2gig

I'm using Zope 2.5.1 / Python 2.1.3 Zope binary / FreeBSD

My questions:

The howto is a couple of years old; is there any updated/improved advice?

I'd like to truncate the minimum, but can't find any reference to the exact upper limit. I'm at 2,148,067,614. Anyone have the precise figure?

Wish me luck...

TIA,

Ken