[Zope] how to pass a variable stored in a REQUEST object from pages to pages

Giuseppe Bonelli giuseppe.bonelli@tiscali.it
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 16:24:27 +0200

pass it along with the url (if you don't mind expose them), i.e. in your
display page use links like:

var2Value>">parameter passing</a>.

In the targetURL you wil use the parameters as <dtml-var var1Name>,
<dtml-var var2Name>.

Be carefull not to have spaces or other reserved chars in the url
string, otherwise some browser (Netscape 4.5, for example) will not
display the page. If you need to use that reserver chars, urlencode the
string.

other possibility (it will hide the variables from the url seen in the
browser):

call REQUEST.set method in your display page.

--peppo