[Zope] ImportError after upgrade to Zope 2.6.1 ...

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:50:47 +0200

Marc G. Fournier wrote at 2003-7-2 16:12 -0300:

 > My knowledge of both python and Zope is pretty close to zero here, so
 > please bear with me on what might be a most stupid question ... but ...
 >
 > Just upgraded Zope t o2.6.1 from 2.6.0 ... figured that would be nice and
 > safe, but now the site doesn't start up with an error of:
 >
 > 2003-07-02T19:01:52 PANIC(300) z2 Startup exception
 > Traceback (innermost last):
 >   File /usr/local/www/Zope/z2.py, line 498, in ?
 >   File <string>, line 1, in ?
 >   File /usr/local/www/Zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 18, in ?
 > ImportError: No module named FindHomes

Apparently, "Zope/__init__.py" was not upgraded (cannot tell you why).

The new code should have near line 18 of "Zope/__init__.py":

# Before this version of Zope, "import Zope" always opened the
# database automatically.  Unfortunately, that strategy caused the
# Python import lock to be held by the main thread during database
# initialization, which lead to a deadlock if other threads required
# something to be imported before completing initialization.  This can

Thus, line 18 lies in a comment and does not reference
"FindHomes".

Would it be possible that this file is read only (and therefore
could not be changed by the upgrade)?

Dieter