[Zope] Where Is This Problem? Apache? Zope? SiteRoot??

beno zope@thewebsons.com
Sat, 05 Jul 2003 09:07:17 -0400

Hi;
This one is the strangest I've ever seen. I had another programmer develop
a shopping cart for me built on EMarket. The site uses SiteRoot to proxy
from Apache. Here's the problem as best I can describe it. If you go here:
http://blackbeardale.com/
click to enter the store, then click either of the two entries, then try
and "Add" a product, you get this error:

Zope Error
Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: unsupported operand types for +

No, correction, MAYBE you get this error. Maybe you don't. My programmer
doesn't. My client does. Now, we have this same shopping cart installed on
another client's site and it works just fine. We tried a number of things
and ended up renaming folder and changing SiteRoots such that a working URL
pointed to the problem site and viola! the site worked fine. So it appeared
there was a problem in the proxy. Now, I'd done something different with
this proxying: I'd pointed two URLs to the same SiteRoot, so I ripped one
of them out of my httpd.conf file, rebooted Apache, reinstalled SiteRoot,
and STILL it doesn't work. But it works fine with any other URL. What gives?
beno
RH7.3, Zope2.5.1, what else ya need?