[Zope] ZCTextIndex parse error

Tim Hicks tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 00:37:47 +0100 (BST)

Hi Dieter,

Dieter Maurer said:
> Tim Hicks wrote at 2003-7-5 16:40 +0100:
>  > I've got a zope 2.6.1 (on solaris if that matters) and a ZCatalog setup with a
>  > ZCTextIndex.  I also have a search/results pair of page templates that provide an
>  > interface for users to actually search the catalog.
>  >
>  > All is well with most sorts of queries, except that inputing something like
> 'word1
>  > NOT word2' throws up a "Parse Error" "Token 'EOF' required, 'NOT' found".  The
>  > strange thing is that using 'word1 -word2' does work, as does 'word1 AND word2'.
>  > Sorry, I'm not able to provide a full traceback just at the moment as I don't
> have
>  > access to the root zope folder - and consequently the error_log *.
>  >
>  > Does anybody have any idea what's going wrong?
>
> Where did you read that "NOT" is a supported operand?
> If you did not read about it, then is is probably not allowed.

I found it at
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/SearchingZCatalog.stx#4-19

> It may be possible that can you use "NOT" only in "AND NOT".

I hadn't tried that, but it does work.  Thanks for the tip.

> It may be a bug.

Yes, if the documentation is correct, then I think it must be a bug.  I'll wait a
while longer for people who don't work at the weekend to chime in.  After that, I'll
file a report in the collector.

thanks.

tim