[Zope] javascript & zpt

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:21:07 -0500

> Please refrain from correcting individuals' grammar faults.  Not
> everyone reads/writes/speaks English perfectly as it is not their
> first or even their second language.  Tolerance please.  By the way,
> 'question sentences' is poor form.  A more correct way of saying this
> would be, 'an interrogative sentence.'  Also 'grammer' is actually
> spelled 'grammar'.

Bah. Tolerance is fine, and personal attacks on someone for their use of
a language they're still learning is bad, and nitpicking is generally
tedious and annoying, but we should not hesitate to correct mistakes
simply because the act is difficult. We do that for programming
languages all the time here, and I see no reason not to do it for
natural languages when mistakes get in the way of the actual programming
or our communication about it.

And I'm sure attitudes towards criticism differ, but I want to know when
(and how) I'm butchering French whenever I try it. Seems to me the same
would apply to someone as good with English as I am with French (which
is to say terrible.)

Proudly burning list karma on the altar of off-topic-ness,

             --jcc