[Zope] File Retrieval

Uwe Schuerkamp uwe@schuerkamp.de
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 15:32:53 +0200

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 09:26:15AM -0400, Tom Enders wrote:

>   enough. However, their we cannot ftp into the server that is
>   currently holding their files. This means that everything will
>   need to be rewritten from the ground up, unless zope has some
>   functionality that will allow us to grab their site's back end.  >
>   > Can this be done and if so how?

Hi Tom,

I'm not quite sure I understand your problem, but Zope comes with a
builtin ftp server which usually listens on the "21" port instead of
"80". So if their Zope runs at port 8080, chances are that you can ftp
into the server on port 8021 and access all the objects in a normal
"file system" manner. you could also export the "root" folder of the
old Zope instance and re-import it into a *subfolder* of the new Zope
server and move stuff over from there.

Good luck,

uwe

--