[Zope] ZCatalog: Editing Metadata Key Values....

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 19:58:54 +0200

Charlie Jones wrote at 2003-7-7 15:04 -0400:
 > I am in the process of moving a CMFCollectorNG instance from one Plone
 > portal to another.  While copying the CollectorNG folder and re-indexing the
 > catalog gets things running, there is a problem with the catalog.  It seems
 > that the Issue data is stored as Metadata key/value pairs.

That is very unlikely!

  The fact that you see values in the catalog's "MetaData" means
  that the catalogued objects have methods with the name of
  the column that produced the value.

By the way:

   When you would include "CMFCollectorNG" in the "Subject",
   you would have a chance that the "CMFCollectorNG" author
   (Andreas Jung) would respond ;-)

 > During the
 > re-index, that information is lost.  I am assuming that the it is placed
 > there via a form submission.  But for the life of me I can't figure out how.

That's not how the catalog (and its "MetaData") work...

Dieter