[Zope] Directory traversal like zope in Apache?

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Wed, 09 Jul 2003 10:33:39 +0200

Hi Peter,

Peter Schmiedeskamp wrote:
> OK, so I'm forced to use Apache when I'd rather use Zope :-)
>
> My question is (crossing fingers that someone else has run into this):
>
> Does anyone know of a way (other than using pcgi and Zope) to enable Zope-style directory traversals in Apache?  This is the one that allows me to put a header_html file at the top level and any references further down the tree will traverse up until it finds a header_html file.
>
> I hope I'm not the only person to have needed something like this.  I swear I've seen it before, but sadly, Google isn't helping today.
>
> -Peter

You can do this with a script. But this will be slow [tm].
Alternatively you can define a name in the URL for this,

say my_standard_header and use Rewrite tricks to descend
from actual position to the first file in available
in the filesystem. Dont know if this is almost as slow
as starting a script every time.

Alternatively you can assemble your "static" pages
with help of a script or bigger CMS

Regards
Tino