[Zope] ExternalEditor doesn't launch my .doc files

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:34:13 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to setup ExternalEditor to launch Word 2000 files,
but I haven't had success.

First I wrote these lines on my "ZopeEdit.ini":
[content-type:application/msword]
extension=.doc

Then I tried the following sintaxes for the "editor"
variable:

I found this one in the File Types of windows:
editor = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE /n "%1"

I found these two in other messages of the maillinglist:
editor = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE /w "%1"
editor = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE "%1"

I have also tried without the "%1", and writting "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE" between double qoutes but I get always the same
dialog box:

FATAL ERROR: (126, 'LoadLibrary', 'The specified module could not be
found.')

I don't get a traceback on my log file.

I'm running Zope 2.6.1 under Windows 2000 (a local machine), and I have
installed ExternalEditor 0.7, and ZopeEdit 0.7 (installed from the binary
for
Windows).

What could be the problem? Am I using the wrong sintax?

Thanks in advanced,
Josef