[Zope] Re: What's the difference about ZopeTime() and DateTime() ?

kosh kosh@aesaeion.com
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 02:58:14 -0600

On Friday 11 July 2003 02:41 am, Josef Meile wrote:
> > The difference is that ZopeTime() gives you the time on the server, while
> > DateTime()
> > gives you the time of the client machine. So, if your server is in the
> > USA and you
> > are, let's say in Japan, ZopeTime() will give you the time in the USA
>
> while
>
> > DateTime()
> > will give you the time in Japan.
>
> Sorry, I'm wrong, I tested and it gives me the same time. But I'd swear
> that before it was like that.

see lib/python/OFS/Application.py lines 110-113 in zope 2.6.1 at least

 def PrincipiaTime(self, *args):
        """Utility function to return current date/time"""
        return apply(DateTime, args)
    ZopeTime=PrincipiaTime

Which is that

although the apply is not needed and it could be done with DateTime(*args)
although why ZopeTime=DateTime is not set I don't know.