[Zope] Re: What's the difference about ZopeTime() and DateTime() ?

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung <andreas@andreas-jung.com>
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:19:45 +0200

--On Freitag, 11. Juli 2003 11:21 Uhr +0200 Josef Meile
<jmeile@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> That's nonsense...both should return the same.
> Yes, sorry my mistake. But some time ago, when
> I used 2.3.3, it didn't return the same value. That's
> why I always use ZopeTime() and I got this confusion.

The assumption that Zope knows about the client time is wrong.
There is no way for Zope to determine the time of the client except
the client would its local time with the HTTP request.

-aj