[Zope] About uploaded files...

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:37:55 +0200

Gelin Patrick wrote:

 > Hi,
 >

 > I'm looking for information about uploaded files. I would like to
know how files like Microsoft WinWord documents are stored when I use
CMF or Plone. Are they stored inside ZODB or to a file system? What I'm
afraid is that ZODB size explodes... We are expecting more than 30000
users with a lot of document's upload.

You have several different options. But if you just upload a file
through the web interface, it will get stored in the ZODB.

But there are ways to get them stored in file directory instead.

The best approach depends on what you want to acheive.

regards Max M