[Zope] Zope and Threads

Johan Carlsson johanc@easypublisher.com
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:08:38 +0200

Johan Carlsson wrote:

> For the Xron product I have found this,
> which might be a better way to access the
> Application object?:
>
> app=ZODB.ZApplication.ZApplicationWrapper(
>     DB, 'Application', OFS.Application.Application, (),
>     Globals.VersionNameName)

Note also that the Zron product uses
AccessControl.SecurityManagement.newSecurityManager
to log on as system user before creating the app object:

     # "Log on" as system user
     AccessControl.SecurityManagement.newSecurityManager(None,
AccessControl.User.system)

     # Set up the "application" object that automagically opens
     # connections
     app=ZODB.ZApplication.ZApplicationWrapper(
         DB, 'Application', OFS.Application.Application, (),
         Globals.VersionNameName)

     # "Log off" as system user
     AccessControl.SecurityManagement.noSecurityManager()

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24