FW: [Zope] Help! Zope is hanging - Issue 852 in collector?

Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:58:09 +0100

On Sunday 13 July 2003 23:42, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> I do not know the answer, but all of us have access to Zope's cvs
> (<http://cvs.zope.org>). I expect, you will find an answer there.

Zope 2.6.1 had some bugs where ZODB assumed objects that participate in
transactions had the normal _p_oid attribute. iirc, it only used this
assumption when formatting an error message.

I think Shane tweaked that when working on Ape, but it looks like the false
assumption is still in the 2.6 branch today. (sorry, I dont have cvs access
right now to track down the history)

>  > Also I found issue 852, which is still pending, in the collector and
>  > that workaround was to backout to 2.6.0. Is this the only option?
>
> I doubt it, but again can not give a definite answer.
>
> We are using Zope 2.6.1 and do not have any problems.

If your traceback originates inside code that is formatting an error message
then, as a quick workaround, you could easily hack that code to remove the
_p_oid assumption.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson