[Zope] Remote management permissions problem

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 06:57:49 -0700 (PDT)

I'm still having a problem with this issue and have not yet found a
workaround.

I have a management instance of Zope which is to be used to manage a
collection of other Zope instances.  I am trying to use Zope's Client.py
mechanism (ZPublisher.Client) and am running into permissions problems
with the cookiecrumbler authentication.

I am using an External Method in the admin site:

import ZPublisher.Client
def createRemoteDiscussion( self, instanceURL, d_id, d_title ):
        f = ZPublisher.Client.Function(  instanceURL,
            username='usermanager', password='usermanagerpassword')
        headers, body = f(d_id=d_id, d_title=d_title)
        return body

When I use this to create an instance of, say, a ZClass remotely, I get
vectored to the login page of the remote site, presumably because of
permissions issues.  How do I make this work?  Or is there a better
solution?

For the record, I am currently running Zope 2.6.2b3, Python 2.1.3.