[Zope] Inheritance problem

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:17:23 +0200

Aleksandar Radulovic wrote at 2003-7-14 14:02 -0000:
 > I noticed this problem quite a while ago, and it's still
 > bothering me.
 >
 > Layout of the problem:
 >
 > Let's say we have a machine with a domain machine.net on it,
 > running Zope server. Now, we want to host 2 new domains:
 > domain1.com and domain2.com. Now, why does the following work:
 >
 > machine.net/Examples
 > domain1.com/Examples
 > domain2.com/Examples

I assume you mean that all domains can access "Examples"
in the root folder. Right?

Zope allows users access to objects outside of the subhierarchy
governed by the "acl_users" which authenticated the user
if the object access is allowed for "Anonymous" (or it is public).

Thus, you can tweak your "permission-role-mapping" (in the
"Security" tab) to prevent the unwanted access.

 > I understand why it works, but i would like to configure
 > Zope so it doesn't work.
 >
 > Also, if we have a directory testing in domain1.com's folder,
 > this will work too:
 >
 > machine.net/testing
 > domain1.com/testing
 > domain2.com/testing

That sounds strange unless all your domains point to the root folder.

 > Is there a way to stop this for happening or is this an issue
 > still not resolved?

Maybe, once we fully understood your problem...

Dieter