AW: [Zope] Long running process

Florian Reiser florian.reiser@ra-bc.de
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:41:41 +0200

Hello Dieter,

I don't think that the not-setting of the session variable is causing
the timeout.
Maybe the session variable is not set because of the timeout?
How can I avoid this?

Regards
Florian Reiser

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dieter Maurer [mailto:dieter@handshake.de]=20
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. Juli 2003 23:05
An: florian.reiser@ra-bc.de
Cc: Zope-allgemein
Betreff: Re: [Zope] Long running process

Florian Reiser wrote at 2003-7-14 10:01 +0200:
 > I want to compute and display large pdf reports over the web.  >
While computing the file, the browser times out.  > So I followed the
following howto on zope.org:  >
http://www.zope.org/Members/don/long_procces
 >=20
 > Because I want to display the pdf file directly after processing,  >
my redirection page checks for a session variable called pdf  > and
returns the content of the variable as pdf file, if found,  > else it
returns a html page refreshing after 10 seconds.  >=20
 > While debugging, I've found out, that the variable never gets set,  >
when the browser times out, so the redirection page is looping forever
> checking for the resulting pdf code.

But, your setup is to prevent a browser timeout.
Why does it still happen?

Zope notices a browser timeout only after it has computed
the complete response (few exceptions).
Therefore, it is highly unlikely that not-setting your
variable is caused by a browser timeout.

Dieter