[Zope] Re: ldap_first_reference ?

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:33:31 +0200

> I did recompiled python-ldap by myself and there were no errors! :-|
>
> Doing a recompile of Openldap can break other things in an allready messy
> RedHat. Everytime I put a package that I have compiled things go wrong in
> RH... Say, any special options I should pay attention to in an OpenLDAP
> rebuild?
I did it long time ago and it worked. As Andreas said, you can
install it on another place. Just read the configure script and
see which flags you have to set. If I'm not wrong, it's something
like:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/myDirectory

Then, you have to compile python-ldap using the open ldap that you
installed from source (modify setup.cfg)

Regards,
Josef