[Zope] Questions re: REQUEST, external methods; newbie stupidity at play

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:30:33 +0200

Dylan Reinhardt wrote at 2003-7-15 16:21 -0700:
 > <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('some_var', some_function())">
 > <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('some_var', some_other_function(some_var))">
 >
 > That's not going to work.  Unlike Python, DTML doesn't seem to like
 > using a variable in an expression whose output is stored in the same
 > variable.

I do not believe this:

  "REQUEST.set" is a normal Python function.
  Calling it, first evaluates the arguments and only then enters
  the function body.

However, I remember faintly, that there was a DTML namespace
caching issue. Under some circumstances the value read from
"REQUEST" was cached and later delivered from the cache rather
than freshly read from "REQUEST".

Dieter