[Zope] large number of users in standard acl_users ?

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:59:59 -0500

>is it possible to store a large number of users in a standard
>acl_users folder, provided that very few are connected at the
>same time ?
>
>I'd want to store around 20000 user ids there, all six characters
>long, plus their password.
>
>The online shopping website will have a low traffic, I don't think
>that more than 10 users will ever be logged in at the same time,
>probably even less than that, but there are 20000 possible users
>(max).

With such a low number of concurrent users, you can probably get away
with it server-wise, though your users may be subject to high latency.

Better would be a BTreeUserFolder. I can't prove the existence of one at
the moment, and it's possible that the regular UserFolder already uses
BTrees, in which case, go nuts. Otherwise, it shouldn't be hard at all
to make such a thing.

Can anyone provide some good info on this?

             --jcc