[Zope] Advice on a One-to-Many relationship for Zope Object

Johan Carlsson johanc@easypublisher.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:39:05 +0200

kosh wrote:

> If you are working at the python product level you can also store a direct
> reference to the other object so long as it is a persistent object. That
> works very well also but for safety I also have mine store information
> necessary to get that link back if it gets data back that it does not expect.
> It works very well in my experience so far and has allowed me to cut db size
> a lot since you can use it to implement shared objects.
>
> This method is nice in that it works transparently for people used to python
> since you just access the object normally. If you have an error condition you
> then handle that.

I suppose you store the object as attributes?
or do you store it as a list/tuple?
What happens with acquisision and acquision related stuff like permissions?

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24