[Zope] large number of users in standard acl_users ?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:13:31 +0100

J Cameron Cooper wrote:

> With such a low number of concurrent users, you can probably get away
> with it server-wise, though your users may be subject to high latency.

Why high latency?

> Better would be a BTreeUserFolder. I can't prove the existence of one at
> the moment, and it's possible that the regular UserFolder already uses
> BTrees, in which case, go nuts.

It uses a PersistantMapping, and I don't know how good they are at large numbers
of objects... I'll just ask on zodb-dev@zope.org...

> Otherwise, it shouldn't be hard at all
> to make such a thing.

As someone else suggested, SimpleUserFolder would be the way to go.
You could store your users as documents (DTML of ZPT) in a BTrreFolder without
having to write any filesystem-based code...

If you don't mind writing FS-based code, just use SUF's subclassing technique to
write a userfolder that stores its user objects in a BTree of some sort...

cheers,

Chris