[Zope] Questions re: REQUEST, external methods; newbie stupidity at play

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
17 Jul 2003 12:28:17 -0700

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 11:39, Bryan White wrote:
> How do I build a stack of variables to pass around
> between ZSQL -> DTML -> Py *without* having a giant mess of REQUEST.set
> statements?
>
> I can easily believe that I have missed some totally fundamental thing,
> but as it stands I have an insane amount of REQUEST.set stuff in this
> project.

At the risk of suggesting something obvious, have you read the docs?

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/RelationalDatabases.stx
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Guides/ZSQL-HTML/ZSQL.html

I suspect what you're missing is that you're trying to re-create stuff
that Zope already does for you.  Only in specific cases is explicit
"passing" required.  I don't sense that yours is one of them.

Dylan