[Zope] ZDiscussions Problem under Zope 2.6.2b3

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:14:31 -0700 (PDT)

All of a sudden ZDiscussions fails.  The version we've been using (heavily
modified to change its skin) is venerable -- old enough that I cannot find
the version number.  I know there is a new version (python and ZPT based),
but we are in a time crunch and would like to avoid having to modify the
new version quickly.

So -- can anyone suggest a simple workaround.  We don't want to back up
Zope versions since most everything else has been moved forward to 2.6.2.

The problem we encounter is an exception that states that an attribute
is not found in Lazy Map Instance.  ZDiscussions is a hybrid python
(ZBase)/ZClass product.  The missing attributes are in the ZBase product,
but are not found.

We did run 2.6.1 for a bit, but moved to 2.6.2 when it became available to
avoid some stability problems.  The ZDiscussion product worked (I think)
in the 2.6.1.  It certainly worked and worked well in 2.5.1.

TIA for any help...

	-dra