[Zope] What kind of Zope product would you like to see?

Jim Zoping jim_zope@yahoo.co.uk
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:42:30 +0100

Milos,

Thank you, that is something I had thought of but probably not explored
sufficiently. Amongst my many areas of ignorance I include contributing to
open source projects - for instance I've never managed to get CVS working
under windows. And I'm not entirely sure what it's meant to do! I have spent
most of my working life as the only developer on user sites, so kicking off
a project on my own seemed the thing to do.

I have had a rake about on sourceforge and freshmeat for Zope 'abandonware',
but I've been put off by their overwhelming 'technical' objectives (I like
delivering to business users), not to mention their disdain for commenting
their code!

However in light of your suggestion I'll have another crack. If you don't
mind me asking: how would I go about 'taking over' a likely project - an
email to the owner maybe? And have you any 'abandoned but very useful'
project in mind?

Thanks
Jim