[Zope] Using DB Connection in Zope Product?

John Ziniti jziniti@speakeasy.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:49:50 -0500

Chris Bruce wrote:

>I want to create a product and allow the user to specify the database
>connection to use.  If so, how do you reference an existing object in your
>product code.

Acquisition!  Product class instances which inherit from the
correct base classes will acquire properly.  So inside a method
for your Product class, you can:

self.db_connection.do_something()

presuming "db_connection" is the id of a Zope object that will
be acquired from your Product.  You could also store the "URL"
of the object you want to use as a string and then use
restrictedTraverse(string) to get a handle to the object itself.

HTH,

JZ