[Zope] Failed to reset inituser

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:26:57 -0400

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 08:56:42PM +0200, Wouter Vanden Hove wrote:

> Silly me, I lost my password to the zope-management interface.
> I try to set a new one via the shell, but I receive following error:
(snip)

> AttributeError: 'string' object has no attribute 'upper'

Sounds like this system has a very old python installed somewhere.
Strings have had the 'upper' method for a long time now.
Try just running this:

   python

... and see what version it says.
You may need to run the script with an explicit
python version, maybe
  python2.1 zpasswd.py

or just
  python2 zpasswd.py