[Zope] stuck with Zope version lock !!!

Smith, Neil (Worcester) Neil.Smith@npower.com
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:59:46 +0100

I've had that problem too.  When you go back in to the version and try to
save it I bet it now says no changes to commit.  It's very very annoying.

You will have to go be working in the version and make dummy changes to all
of the unsaved objects so that the version thinks it has to save them again.
Then try committing the version again.  Keep doing this until all your
changes are saved.

Neil

-----Original Message-----
From: Gilles Lenfant [mailto:gilles@pilotsystems.net]
Sent: 22 July 2003 15:34
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] stuck with Zope version lock !!!

Hi,

I'm stuck committing work I made using a "version" object on a production
site.

I created a "version" object at the root of a Folder (site) and started
creating new objects and changing others.

After a satisfying result (working in context of that version), I saved the
work done with that version.

Strange results :

* Modified objects still are locked on that version, and when leaving the
version context, the old content replaced the modified one.

* New objects created in the context of the version have disappeared when
leaving the version (after saving changes !!). Those objects appear again
when I join the version.

As a result, the (public) site is buggy as all changes have not been
committed. And I must "enter" that version as manager to see the (supposed
to be commited) changes.

Heeelp please (emergency)

Many thanks in advance.

My config : Zope 2.6.1/FreeBSD 4.8

--Gilles

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this e-mail in error and you must not copy, disseminate, distribute, use or take any action as a result of the information contained in it.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify postmaster@npower.com (UK 01384 275454) and delete it immediately from your system.

Neither Npower nor any of the other companies in the Innogy group from whom this e-mail originates accept any responsibility for losses or damage as a result of any viruses and it is your responsibility to check attachments (if any) for viruses.
Npower Limited Registered office: Windmill Hill Business Park, Whitehill Way, Swindon SN5 6PB. Registered in England and Wales: number 3653277.  This e-mail may be sent on behalf of a member of the Innogy group of companies.