[Zope] problem trying to run in debug mode

Tim Lynch lynch@gould.mannlib.cornell.edu
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 9:06:50 EDT

I'm having a problem trying to run in interactive debug mode.

  I have stopped my zope process.

  cd'ed to lib/python

  ran ../../bin/python

  import Zope, ZPublisher

so far, everything is OK, the import works fine

then, I try to view my root-level page:

  ZPublisher.Zope('/')

I get:

that's it, that's all that displays.  I'm expecting to see the
source for my root-level index_html, but it's not displayed.

next, I try to access a page template in the root folder:

  ZPublisher.Zope('/foobar')

I get:

  Bobo-Exception-Line: 626

  <TABLE BORDER="0" WIDTH="100%">
  <TR VALIGN="TOP">

  <TD WIDTH="10%" ALIGN="CENTER">
     &nbsp;
  </TD>

  <TD WIDTH="90%">
  <H2>Site Error</H2>
  <P>An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
  </P>
  <P><STRONG>Resource not found</STRONG></P>

  Sorry, the requested resource does not exist.
  <HR NOSHADE>

  <P>Troubleshooting Suggestions</P>

  <UL>
  <LI>The URL may be incorrect.</LI>
  <LI>The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.</LI>
  <LI>A resource that this resource relies on may be
      encountering an error.</LI>
  </UL>

  <P>For more detailed information about the error, please
  refer to the HTML source for this page.
  </P>

  <P>If the error persists please contact the site maintainer.
  Thank you for your patience.
  </P>
  </TD></TR>
  </TABLE>

why does the error msg report http://127.0.0.1/Zope/foobar instead of
http://127.0.0.1/foobar ??  Is that standard?  If I'm running zope
normally, I can display foobar with http://127.0.0.1/foobar

I'm running 2.6.1

any help with getting debugging going would be very much appreciated

---
Tim Lynch

tlynch@nal.usda.gov