[Zope] python variables in javascript

Dragos Chirila d.chirila@bucarest.finsiel.ro
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:44:14 +0300

Try to generate some arrays with all your data from server side scripting
(dtml or python)
Something like :

<script language="javascript">
<!--

var arrPersons = new Array();

<dtml-in "getPersonsList()">
arrPersons[<dtml-var sequence-index>] = new Array(<dtml-var name>, <dtml-var
city>, <dtml-var street>);
</dtml-in>

//-->
</script>

In this way you load all your data in an array and when the event "onchange"
is fired, call a function that will look for data in this array.
Of course you must handle sepcial characters (you must escape ', ", \ ) ...

Hope this will help

Dragos