[Zope] Handling objects versions

Thierry Florac thierry.florac@onf.fr
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:23:30 +0200

  Hi,

I'm currently using Zope (2.6.1) to drive out intranet site with the help of
several custom products I've written.

I'd like to be able to handle versions for instances of several custom classes
(like documents or articles), and I'm looking for existing products, how-tos
or classes which may help me in that task.

Also, for your information :
 - I'd don't use CMF or CPS or Plone !
 - versions creation is a manual operation, not linked with existing Version
product or history management (which is lost after packing)
 - older versions don't have to be updatable
 - versions handling should be available for simple items as well as object
managers (Folder, OrderedFolder...) or BTree managers (BTreeManager2...)
 - of course, access to old versions have to be easy, throught a simple URL...

Thanks for any advise, link, doc...

  Thierry

--
  Linux every day, keeps Dr Watson away...
  http://gpc.sourceforge.net -- http://www.ulthar.net