[Zope] Zope on AMD64

Job, James JJob@ESD.WA.GOV
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:07:32 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3561D.CF465840

Has anyone had any luck with Zope on AMD/64?

I tried to do the source build (Python, ZOPE source) on Mandrake 9.0/X86_64,
and usually end up with messages of the Zserver having a SEGDEV fault (error
200) on startup, and it just loops through trying to restart the service.
I'm assuming there is a compiler problem here somewhere.  Python appears to
be ok.  Mandrake comes with Python 2.2, but I did a separate source compile
with 2.1.3.

The i386/Linux install works fine.

Thanks,

James Job
Washington State Employment Security Department
Webmaster

ESD CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This transmission may contain confidential information protected by state or federal law. The information is intended only for use consistent with the state business discussed in this transmission.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange for return, destruction or deletion of the transmission. Your cooperation is appreciated.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3561D.CF465840

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2654.89">
<TITLE>Zope on AMD64</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Has anyone had any luck with Zope on AMD/64?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>I tried to do the source build (Python, ZOPE source) on Mandrake 9.0/X86_64, and usually end up with messages of the Zserver having a SEGDEV fault (error 200) on startup, and it just loops through trying to restart the service.&nbsp; I'm assuming there is a compiler problem here somewhere.&nbsp; Python appears to be ok.&nbsp; Mandrake comes with Python 2.2, but I did a separate source compile with 2.1.3.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>The i386/Linux install works fine.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Any advice would be greatly appreciated.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Thanks,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>James Job</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Washington State Employment Security Department</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Webmaster</FONT>
</P>

<DIV><P><HR>
ESD CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This transmission may contain confidential information protected by state or federal law. The information is intended only for use consistent with the state business discussed in this transmission. <BR><BR>If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange for return, destruction or deletion of the transmission. Your cooperation is appreciated.<BR>
</P></DIV>
</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3561D.CF465840--