[Zope] ZCatalog for Zope 2.6.1

Tom P. Allred tom@allreddata.com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:17:56 -0400

Hi,

I've just started playing with ZCatalog in Zope 2.6.1 and have followed the
tutorial in the online 2.6 edition of The Book successfully to the point of
creating a keyword index that returns the correct number of data_record_id_s
for my query keywords for various indexes on File objects I'm storing data
in as Properties.  I've also read a couple of online ZCatalog tutorials,
most of which were based on DTML and earlier versions.

It looks like ZCatalog will work fine for my small data requirements but I
need to register in the catalog my (data) File objects when I create them
and when their Properties are changed.  I understand I can use ZClasses to
create data objects that are CatalogAware and that Products can also be
created with that attribute and then I could create my data objects from
those.  I'll look into those ideas (and suggested Products like Abracadabra,
Archetypes and mxm Easy Product) but for now I'd settle for a way to invoke
a ZCatalog Find/ReIndex programmatically via python in my user add and
update programs.  That way I could at least finish my prototyping without
getting into the things mentioned above.  Unfortunately I haven't found an
example of how to do what I'd like.  Can someone please provide one?

Thanks,
Tom P. Allred, MCSE, RHCE, CCNA
Allred Data Consulting, Inc.
888-381-0611