[Zope] Re: multiple mounted storages served by ZEO?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:12:22 +0100

Christopher N. Deckard wrote:
> Now, what do I need to do for a common temp_folder across ZEO
> clients?  I see how to configure DBTab for it, but I don't see how
> to make it be something that the ZEO server serves up.  Do I need to
> define a storage like I would the other FileStorage storages?

Well, three options:

1. Mount up a TemporaryStorage on each ZEO client. This is what Zope
does by default. You ZEO clients will each have different data in
temp_folder

2. Make a persistent storage on or your storage server and mount this up
as a ClientStorage at /temp_folder on each client. The clients will all
have the same temporary data, it just wo't be very 'temporary' ;-)

3. Run up a TemporaryStorage on the storage server, mount this as a
ClientStorage on each client at /temp_folder. Should be consistent
across ZEO clients and not take up disk space on the storage server. You
may need a fair bit of RAM on the storage server though, and this may
notwork at all...

The best person to ask would be Chris M. I'd love to know what the
'official' way is to solve this problem...

cheers,

Chris