[Zope] SimpleUserFolder Advice

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:01:12 +0100

Hi Michael,

Michael Geddert wrote:
> I'm using SUF 0.9.0 on Zope2.6.1. I have to map the methods
> getProperty/setProperty of
> SUF's User-Object to ZSQL-Methods because we're using existing table
> structures
> from exUserFolders MySQLPropSource.

What's your aim here? If it's simply to be able to authenticate with your MySQL
users, it's much simpler than that! Just implement getUserDetails as a Z SQL
Method as described in the README.TXT...

> Basically, I need to do a "user.getProperty('email')" (e.g. in a ZPT) to
> get a string with the current users email adress. This is working great.

Well, as a work around, I'd just replace the above with a call to a ZSQLMethod:

here/getUserEmail

...and have that Z SQL Method select the required data direct from the MySQL
Database...

> My Problem occurs when I want to get another Userobject from the
> Userfolder:
>
> uo=context.acl_users.getUser('anton')
> uo.getProperty('email')
>
> .. makes my Zope spin forever, my Browser keeps loading and loading, but
> nothing ever
> happens.

Start analysing what's happening...
Put some pritn statements in your code and watch the Zope server console...

> Could someone point me to the right direction plz ?
> This is starting to get me frustrated

What I'd like to see is getUserDetails return a user that has more properties
than just the basic auth details. What are people's requirements for this beyond
Michael's example?

For myself, I worked around a similar issue in a different way, btu I'm
interested in other people's solutions :-)

cheers,

Chris