[Zope] inheritedAttribute doesn't seem to work

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:11:09 +0100

Matt wrote:
> Does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong?

Last saw this ages ago. Look for the ZODb documentation on ExtensionClass.
Something about having to have something subclassing ExtensionClass.base (such
as Persistent, IIRC) as the first thing in your list of parent classes in the
class statement.

Also remember inheritedAttribute playing a part...

> I am also interested whether simply making the different objects(which
> are nodes in the DAG) persistent is enough to signal all the way back up
> MyProduct that self.dataModel has changed when one of the nodes deep in
> the graph has changed.

Provided they're attached to a persistetn object, yeah, should do.

That said, you're playing with Deep ZODB voodoo by the sounds of it. Try asking
on zodb-dev@zope.org.

Mindyou, there's gotta be a simpler way to do what you want to do...

Chris