[Zope] Webdav and winword

Stan Baptista sbaptista@yahoo.com
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 16:05:03 -0700 (PDT)

> > What about ExternalEditor?

I've had some problems using External Editor.

Invoking a file for edit from within the Zope
environment (by clicking on the pencil icon) does not
work.

Behavior: I see a dialog box with an "in progress"
field quickly filled and then...nothing.

I followed the install instructions to test drive
ExternalEditor via pythonwin and that seems to work
pretty well, i.e.:

1) I right-click the pencil icon on a DTML file.

2) 'Save target as' foo.zope to c:\

3) Run pythonwin (PythonWin 2.2.2 (#37, Oct 14 2002,
17:02:34) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32)

4) Click File->Run
Script file: C:\Program
Files\Plone\Zope\pwi\zopeedit.py
Arguments: c:\foo.zope

[NOTE: I installed ExternalEditor version 0.7]

5) Press OK

I've setup NOTEPAD.EXE as the editor for .HTML files
so that comes up and I'm able to edit, save, and have
the changes reflected in Zope.

So, it seems that there's something wrong w/ the
browser/system configuration.  But what?

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Stan