[Zope] Problem committing zope "version" objects

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 07:28:00 -0400

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 10:37:44AM -0400, Warnes, Gregory R wrote:
> Is this a general problem with Zope?  Is there something that I am doing
> wrong?  What is going on?

You're not alone, lots of people have problems with Versions.
Check the mailing list archives.  I don't touch Versions anymore.

Chris, I'm CC'ing you to ask: Is there any chance the Zope Book
section on versions could get a big warning stamped on it?
I think it's really a disservice to new users that there's all
these docs and feature lists for Zope that tout the usefulness
of Versions, and inevitably the poor user discovers that versions
have helpfully screwed their work.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com