[Zope] Problem committing zope "version" objects

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 09:50:03 -0400

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 07:28:27PM +0200, Oliver Bleutgen wrote:
> Wouldn't it be better to stamp that warning sign on zope 2.6.x (and all
> other versions which exhibit this bug) unless this is fixed?

might be a good idea.
2.5.x and 2.6.x, at least, have bad problems with versions.

> Ahem, it will be fixed in 2.6.2, will it?

seems doubtful... here's another bug:
http://collector.zope.org/Zope/922
no responses there.

I get the impression that there are multiple version-related bugs which
have not been put in the collector.  And nobody seems to have the
time or motivation to fix versions, so every so often they
come up on the mailing list and the response is "don't use versions".
Ergo, I think they should be stamped with a big warning label or
even disabled until they actually work.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com