[Zope] AttributeError __getslice__ from Zope Construction Kit book

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 20:36:07 +0200

hpinson@indepthl.com wrote at 2003-6-2 12:59 -0600:
 > Hello.  I've been through the Zope "Web Application  Construction
 > Kit" book tutorial, chapter 5, "Building a Portal and Adding Serices"
 >  "Creating a Type with ZClasses", twice now.
 >
 > Each time, when attempting to add the new ZClass object in a user
 > folder, this error is generated:
 >
 > Error Type
 > AttributeError
 >
 > Error Value
 > __getslice__
 >
 > Does anyone have any sense of what this means and how to fix it?
 >
 > My Zope is 2.6.0 running on Redhat 8.

Please look at the traceback. Post it (together with the information
you already provided in this message!) when you do not understand it.

>From Zope 2.6 on, the traceback can be found via the "error_log"
object in your Zope root folder.

Dieter