[Zope] Storing Data inside Zope

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 08:34:12 +0100

Dennis Allison wrote:
> Chris, Could you comment on the trade-offs in features and performance.
> I'd assumed (perhaps wrongly) that this application might have a very
> large amount of text (multiple GB) and assumed that, in this case, the
> scale of the problem would be a mismatch to ZCTextIndex but not to the
> RLDB approach.

ZCTextIndex provides thinks like phrase matching, globbing, decent boolean
combination and a search syntax that mirrors Google not too badly.
The amount of text indexed is obviously related to the size of the index, but
decent indexing should mean that the idnex is a lot smaller than the original text.

Besides, this common misconception that ZODB isn't suitable for large amounts of
data is still just that; a misconception...

cheers,

Chris