[Zope] Storing Data inside Zope

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung <andreas@andreas-jung.com>
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 10:08:26 +0200

--On Dienstag, 3. Juni 2003 7:45 Uhr -0700 Dennis Allison
<allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU> wrote:

> Chris, Could you comment on the trade-offs in features and performance.
> I'd assumed (perhaps wrongly) that this application might have a very
> large amount of text (multiple GB) and assumed that, in this case, the
> scale of the problem would be a mismatch to ZCTextIndex but not to the
> RLDB approach.

I have not followed the complete thread but I would *not* store several
GB ot texts to be be indexed inside the ZODB. You can store the text
inside the ZODB but I would not recommend to use the ZCatalog
infrastructure for a larger fulltext database.

-aj