[Zope] [OffTopic]Browser Specific Issue

Shashank Ashtikar shashank@hbcse.tifr.res.in
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:12:39 +0530

Hi Everyone,

This is not a Zope related question but I am posting it here since it is
likely that some of you may have encountered it and solved it.

So my apologies.

I am working on a form where user is expected to browse the homes for a file
and select the one he desires to be processed. I am using following statement
to display the necessary control.

<input type="File" name="file_name">

On IE when I use file_name I get complete path of the file which is exactly what
I desire.but on GNU/Linux based Web Browsers like mozilla, galeon etc. only name
of the file is returned. How can I get the complete path even on these browsers.

The form is written entirely in dtml.

I ve looked for answers via Google but I hv not had much luck so far.
It is obvious from the question that I am lame at HTML. But please help/pointers anybody.

Thanks in Advance

Shashank